Event to feature top media and business thought leaders
Note: the links in this story are not optimized for mobile
The Naked Media show from ScribeMedia.org is offering free web viewing of their live broadcast from the Economist Media Convergence Conference in New York City on Tuesday, October 20th @ 3:15pm Eastern Time. Register now
The Future of Media: Changing Times will explore the following topics:
- How the advent of new technologies such as e-book readers, smart phones and flexible screen technology will change the media model.
- How will newspapers, magazines, book publishers, TV stations and others dependent on existing models, adapt to this change?
- The potential impact of these new technologies over the next five years.
According to The Economist,
The surge of new technologies and social media innovations in today’s environment is significantly altering the future media landscape for marketers. Consumer behaviour is changing and the way marketers reach their audience must also change. Marketers are searching for new ways to not only reach their customers, but to understand them, to peer inside their minds. As the level of consumer understanding increases, so can the knowledge of how best to reach them. However the plethora of tools at a marketers disposal is not easy to navigate and real learning comes from a real understanding of the future of media convergence.
Media Convergence forum gathers a unique speaking faculty of thought leaders, marketing psychologists, technology experts, futurists, media and marketing professionals to look into the future to consider the ideas, technologies and tactics that tomorrow’s best organisations will adopt.
- Angela Courtin, SVP of Marketing Entertainment and Content, MySpace
- Craig Newmark, Founder, Craigslist
- Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO, Sony Pictures
- Terry Davenport, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing and Brand Strategy, Starbucks
- Jack Dorsey, Chairman, Twitter
- Jeff Jarvis, Author, What Would Google Do?
If you are in New York for the live event, take $500 off the ticket price with the code NKMD on the registration page.
- Future of media: Changing times
- How the kids are doing it: Trendsetting
- The social media phenomenon: Branding success
- New media for marketers: Behind the hype
- Demonstration competition: The most exciting and game changing technologies will be showcased