Disney’s favorite undercover pop star Hannah Montana has her own mobile website. Keeping with the trend of corporations using a .mobi domain name to shorten an ugly long URL, Disney uses the domain name HannahMontana.mobi instead of trying to get kids to remember http://m.disney.go.com/m/hmt/t/index. Disney has been a leader in using .mobi names because they are short, catchy, and convey that a site is mobile friendly.
- The site itself is broken into four parts:
- Hannah on TV gives a brief synopsis of the show and the time it’s on.
- Video Hannah Montana She’s Sixteen Video
- Games & Activities has two games, an Image Identifyer and a Trivia game
- Memory Match is another game where you look at the picture and then answer questions about what is in the picture and what is missing.
Parents will appreciate this warning that appears before the video can be played or downloaded:
This Application is data intensive. Upgrading to an unlimited data plan with your mobile service provider may help you avoid additional charges. Check with your mobile service for details. As always, ask a parent’s permission before streaming or downloading mobile content.
In other words, ask your parents first because if you rack up a huge phone bill you might get grounded or get your phone taken away.
Mobile internet for kids is big business, and it doesn’t get any bigger than Disney.
This post was submitted to Carnival of the Mobilists, a weekly roundup of blog entries covering the mobile web.
Comments are now closed on this post. Hannah Montana is not reading these comments and they will not be forwarded. Thank you.